It might be a bit early, but I think we can plan the homebrew format for the 3DS now.
Here we can discuss and plan the format (e.g:)
- file extension (.3ds?)
- structure of the format
- header, banner (icon, 3d model, description...)
- header and executable areas
...and so on.
I think we should make it similar to the CXI format, that flashcards can run both: commercial and homebrew files.--Lazymarek9614 16:17, 11 September 2011 (CEST)
According to the decisions here I create a tool to create homebrew (3dstool?).--Lazymarek9614 17:13, 11 September 2011 (CEST)
- Do you have any experience in making such files and tool? --Elisherer 19:02, 11 September 2011 (CEST)
- Well, I know about the elf, afx, bmp, 3ds, obj, nds format. I also have read the sources of tools like ndstool (used for creating nds files).
- Let's discuss the format!--Lazymarek9614 19:33, 11 September 2011 (CEST)