The base CTR is fixed therefore the CTR never changes after each write. Thus it is possible to obtain some cleartext by XORing one file(like newly created extdata) with a newer file, where the newer file overwrote zeros in the original file with non-zero data.
Title extdata contains a series of extdata images which comprise an independent file system. The first image (00000001) contains the VSXE (FST) partition, and subsequent images each containing a single file. Non-title extdata, usually contain single files, or a [[Title Database|database]]. Quota.dat is an extdata image, however it's unknown what this is used for.
* This is contained in the Quota.dat extdata image.
| Magic ("
==== Filesystem structure ====
When extdata is created, these are *always* created regardless of whether the title actually uses them.
User extdata and SpotPass extdata use separate [[FS:OpenArchive|mount]] points at /user and /boss. Therefore one mount can't access the other directory, and also can't access /icon.(The title's SpotPass extdata can be mounted by the title itself, if it uses SpotPass)
* /icon This file contains the extdata [[SMDH|icon]] displayed in data management. This icon can only be written to by titles when creating extdata, titles would have to recreate extdata to change the icon. This file can't be read directly, instead it is read via [[FS:ReadExtSaveDataIcon]].
* /boss/ Can contain [[SpotPass]] content. SpotPass content can only be downloaded to this /boss directory.
* /user/ExBanner This directory can optionally store [[Extended_Banner| extended banners]]. When this is available, this banner is displayed instead of the [[CXI]] ExeFS banner. COMMON.bin stores the common exbanner, while <regionlang_code>.bin stores an optional separate region/language specific banner.(regionlang_code can be "JPN_JP", "USA_EN", etc)
=== SD Extdata ===
=== Tools ===
* [https://github.com/ps3hen/ctr_toolkit/tree/master/extdata_tool extdata_tool] - Extract standalone extdata images
, aswell as title extdata FS.