A two-megabyte disk image containing a raw FAT12 partition, dedicated to the internal storage for voice memos.
The proprietary format is backwards compatible with DSi software, but not with most 3DS software capable of accessing voice memos on the SD card.
Nintendo 3DS Sound can be used to import and export audio from internal storage.
Any 3DS-mode application capable of mounting shared extdata f0000002 can also access the files, in M4A format according to the naming conventions of recordings on SD (folders are not used).
File naming convention
- 17: File number = Position on grid view (range: 00-17)
- 16: year
- 04: month
- 18: day
- 22: hour
- 46: minute
- 21: second
- 00: ?
- 50: color (00 red, 10 orange, 20 yellow, 30 green, 40 blue, 50 purple)
- 20: icon (10 regular bubble, 20 "shout" = edited with filters, 30 square bubble = edited with speed/pitch tool)
- 000: creator ID (000 = Nintendo 3DS Sound, 001 = Sound Nintendo DSi)
- DSi Sound will reformat this virtual partition if creator-000 files are found!